A fresh banger from Disco Dreams brings out a refreshing approach on dance pop with experimental and ambient undertones that utilize vocals that float around the atmosphere an create another place for you to travel to all together.
"Cryptic [K]night is a gorgeously woven single that takes elements and colors of all kinds and laces them together with a graceful and almost peaceful feel to it.
The track has vocals that sort of swim around you and surround you with this sense of freedom in a way.
This track has some great beats and synths all over it and as they swell and sway you get the feeling you can do anything. Like this is your time. It's got that inspiring touch to it and it's that cinematic and almost anthemic tonality that makes it all happen like that.
This was well thought out and has plenty of attention to detail but didn't hold back from that groove. It's completely danceable and has a way of whisking you away.
It's base crosses genres and brings all sorts of new textures to the table as it plays on and creates an ether for you to hang out in.
It's really cool how it has this relaxing feel, but it also has this drive to it and an edginess that shows face well.
This was incredibly fun and had a perfect energy to it.
RAG: Okay so let's start with "Cryptic [K]Night". This record has a great cross between classic and newer dance pop feels! Where did this track come from?
- Thanks! I just wanted to make a song that was nice and easy to listen to at most times of the day. It's personally a song that puts me in a joyous-feel good mood. So, if I could brighten somedays day a little, that would be great! RAG: I'm hearing some great styles on this release. Who are some of your biggest musical influences?
- Really any producer that does it all themselves is inspiring! Grimes, Tokimonsta, Amtrac, and Tame Impala are some of my favorite inspirations.
RAG: So how did this all begin for you really? When did you fall in love with making music?
- I got into music during lockdown when covid first started. I just decided to study and learn the Daw everyday until I could create music to my liking. It's an ongoing process and that's the fun part about it. I enjoy learning new things everyday! RAG: What's next for you as an artist?
- I have another dance single coming out Friday, August 19th, followed by more in the fall. I'm also working on my second studio album which I would like to be signed to a some kind of indie label in the next year or so.
RAG: What inspires you to write a song?
- I feel like my life experiences are probably what inspire me the most. I definitely just enjoy giving myself to the void and recording fun and random sounds until it sounds good.
RAG: What are you doing when you're NOT working on music?
- I'm pretty active. You can pretty much always catch me outside doing something fun in nature as much as I can.
RAG: Who are you listening to right now?
- Top 3 most recently listened to would be Rezident - Want It All, Wooden Shjips- Staring at the Sun, Ott- A happening In Your Head
RAG: Are you doing live performances?
- I love playing live as much as I can. I sing and play keyboard live with my giant portable speaker wherever I can. Currently learning to DJ because that would open up a lot more opportunities in my area. But, I definitely prefer singing live more.
RAG: This single seems like a big undertaking. What kind of advice might you have for other up and artists out there?
- To never give up and move on from your current project if you can't finish it. Some of the best projects of mine are older things I started that I decided to finish.
RAG: Before we go, what would you like to say to fans of the music?
- I'm super grateful for anyone who has listened and followed! It would seriously mean so much just to make anybody's day a little brighter with my art <3